The History of Casarok
Casarok has a long and storied history. Modern historians have categorized the history of the world into three eras made up of various ages.
The Creation Era represents the earliest existence of the planet and its inhabitants prior to around 10,000 BCE when the first intelligent life was known to exist. During this era the universe, planetary system, and Casarok itself was created by the will of the gods and goddesses. They also placed the primordials throughout the world in this era. Fossils from this time are extremely sought after as they provide the only palpable knowledge of this time period.
The Pre-Cataclysmic Era (about 10,000 BCE - 1,000 CE) is the earliest known time of intelligent life on the planet. All of the native modern races of Casarok appeared on the planet during time in one manner or another. The pantheon of Casarok was particularly active during this time as they all were slain, fell out of favor, or no longer took an active role in the events of the world after the end of this era. The majority of the history of this era is lost; nevertheless, that which is known about this time has been divided into several ages:
- Draconic Age: (about 10,000 - 6,000 BCE) Primordial dragons evolved into the intelligent species of the Draconic race.
- Iron Age: (6,000 - 3,000 BCE) The emergence of the Aspect and Anthro races occurred during this age. Bronze and iron tools were developed and used to enslave the weaker Anthro race.
- Rebellion Age: (3,000 - 1,000 BCE) The Anthro species, having grown in number from the previous age, won their independence from the stronger races. Most Anthros became free during this time.
- Magical Age: (1,000 - 200 BCE) The Anthro race made great improvements in their use of magic.
- Empirical Age: (200 BCE - 500 CE) The world was divided into many large and powerful empires. (Similar to the Roman era of Earth history.)
- Crusade Age: (500 - 600 CE) A large culture spread resulting from the fall of the great empires. The Common language became popularized during this age due to this distribution of influence and culture.
- Feudal Age: (600 - 900 CE) Casarok was once again controlled by massive entities, this time in the form of kingdoms. However, they practiced diplomacy rather than waging border wars. (Similar to the same age of human history.)
- Cataclysmic Age: (900 - 1000 CE) The War of the Gods occurred in which the gods and goddesses fought over the coming of the Endtimes, the destruction of all life on Casarok. A great earthquake split the singular landmass into continents. Those mortals that did survive were left in a crumbled civilization. The Aspect species lost their magical abilities by the end of this era.
With the land of the world split into six continents, the Post-Cataclysmic Era (1000 CE and onward) began. Aside from one incident early in this age, the world was devoid of the influence of the gods and goddesses of Casarok. All advancement was left to the intelligent races of the world. A strict record of history has been kept ever since the end of the War of the Gods. This age of history is divided into several ages:
- Recovery Age: (1000 - 1300 CE) The survivors of the cataclysm began to rebuild. Magical knowledge increased dramatically due to influence from the god of magic, who was quickly banished from Casarok by the god of knowledge.
- Enlightened Age: (1300 - 1500 CE) Technology fluorished and many inventions were conceived. The two key advancements being steam and clockwork machinery. The people of Casarok became enraptured by steampunk culture.
- Expansion Age: (1500 - 1700 CE) Nations formed and began to grow into their more modern boundaries. Thorough exploration and mapping of the new continents occurred. (This is similar to the exploration and colonial portions of Earth history.)
- Industrial Age: (1700 - 1800 CE) Steam and clockwork technology gave way to fossil fuels and electricity. Many factories were formed. (Mirrors the same age of human history.)
- Machination Age: (1800 BCE - 1900 CE) More advances in technology occurred. Mage-tech, the union of magic and machines, was invented. Mechanized weapons became common and the world became engulfed in war. (Similar to the time of the world wars in human history.)
- Modern Age: (1900 - 2100 CE) Magical and technological advances continued and a tentative peace was kept through the world. Chase and his friends live during this time. (Similar to modern times on Earth but with more advanced technology.)
- Space Age: (2100 - 2300 CE) The people of Casarok begin exploring their planetary system and discovering various alien races. Personal space travel becomes inexpensive, and colonies are formed on uninhabited planets.
- Light Age: (2300 CE and beyond) Light-speed travel becomes possible. Casarok nears the pinnacle of most technological advances and must frontier to the depths of the universe to push their limits further.